JACK’s Tattoo Madness Official Rules
93.1 JACK FM/KCBS
JACK’S Tattoo Madness Promotion
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- How to Enter
- These rules govern “JACK’S Tattoo Madness” (the “Promotion”) being conducted by KCBS-FM (the “Station”) beginning on March 7, 2011 at 6:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) and ending on April 2, 2011 at 12:00pm PT.
- To participate in the Promotion you must enter via the following method: individuals must go to www.931jackfm.com click on the JACK’S Tattoo Madness Promotion link and follow the links and instructions to enter the Promotion and submit your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address in the online entry form and also upload a photo of your tattoo. The individual in the photo can be either a man or woman and must possess a real tattoo on the specific individual’s body to be eligible to participate in the Promotion. Only one internet entry per person and one internet entry per email address is permitted. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning an email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. All entrants must agree to the Station’s online submission release in order to submit his or her entry.
- Photos with tattoos related to basketball or any college will be disqualified. The Station reserves the right to disqualify any tattoo photo entry for any reason, at their sole and absolute discretion.
- All entries must be received by March 13, 2011 at 5:00pm PT.
- Eligibility Restrictions
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area. Employees of the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Promotion administered by the Station.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. The Station will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- One (1) prize will be awarded in the Promotion. The prize is a custom 2011 Harley Davidson Fatboy Low motorcycle from Bartels’ Harley-Davidson. The Motorcycle has: Custom Flame Paint Job, Grips, Axel Covers, Smoked Signal Lenses, Blacked Out Front end. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize motorcycle =$17,000. Winner will be solely responsible for all vehicle title, tax, tags, proof of insurance and license and registration fees, emissions inspection, additional equipment, all federal, state and local taxes, insurance, gasoline, vehicle maintenance, all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of this prize vehicle. Winner must provide proof of insurance and hold a valid motorcycle driver’s license. All obligations must be met before contestant takes possession of the vehicle. The winner will accept the chosen prize vehicle “as is.” If the prize is not available at sweepstakes end including vehicle color, a substitution of equal or greater value will be made at the Stations choice. Neither the Station nor the other Sponsors have made or are responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize vehicle, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply to the vehicle. Any additional vehicle options (including the interior and exterior color of the prize) not specified herein are subject to availability and will be the responsibility of the winner. Winner will need to pick up vehicle from the Station during regular business hours anytime after 12:00pm PT on April 2, 2011.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes or cash of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Selection of Winners
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- On March 13, 2011 the Station staff will review all eligible entries received and select sixty-four (64) entrants based on Station staff discretion of who they believe has the best tattoo.
On March 14, 2011 at 6:00am PT the sixty-four (64) selected contestants will be posted on the Station’s website in a bracket which will randomly match-up all contestants in pairs that will compete against each other. There will be 32 match-ups of the sixty-four (64) selected contestants. Beginning at 12:01am PT on March 14, 2011 and ending at 11:00pm PT on March 15, 2011 listeners will be encouraged to vote online by selecting the contestant they think has the best tattoo from each match-up. The thirty-two (32) contestants who win their match-up by receiving more votes than their opponent will advance to the next round.
The thirty-two (32) winning contestants will continue on to the next round and will be matched-up against another winning contestant either directly above or directly below them on the bracket. The updated bracket of thirty-two (32) will be posted on the Station website, and beginning at 12:01am PT on March 16, 2011 and ending at 11:00pm PT on March 20, 2011 listeners will be encouraged to vote online by selecting the contestant they believe has the best tattoo, from each of the sixteen (16) match-ups. The sixteen (16) contestants who win their match-up by receiving more votes than their opponent will advance to the next round (The “Round of 16″).
The sixteen (16) winning contestants will continue on to the next round, the Round of 16, and will be matched-up against another winning contestant either directly above or directly below them on the bracket. The updated bracket of 16 will be posted on the Station’s website, and beginning at 12:01am PT on March 21, 2011 and ending at 11:00pm PT on March 23, 2011 listeners will be encouraged to vote online by selecting the contestant they believe has the best tattoo, from each of the eight (8) match-ups. The eight (8) contestants who win their match-up by receiving more votes than their opponent will advance to the next round.
The eight (8) winning contestants will continue on to the next round and will be matched-up against another winning contestant either directly above or directly below them on the bracket. The updated bracket of eight (8) will be posted on the Station’s website, and beginning at 12:01am PT on March 24, 2011 and ending at 11:00pm PT on March 27, 2011 listeners will again be encouraged to vote online by selecting the contestant they believe has the best tattoo, from the four (4) match-ups. The four (4) contestants who win their match-up by receiving more votes than their opponent will advance to the next round.
The four (4) winning contestants will continue on to the next round and will be matched up against another winning contestant either directly above or directly below them on the bracket. The updated bracket of four (4) will be posted on the Station’s website, and beginning at 12:01am PT on March 28, 2011 and ending at 11:00pm PT on April 1, 2011.
The four (4) Finalists will be invited to the 93.1 JACK-FM JACK’S Tattoo Madness event located at Bartels’ Harley-Davidson at 4141 Lincoln Blvd. Marina Del Rey, CA 90292 at 12:00pm PT on April 2, 2011 (the “Final Event”). All four (4) Finalists must attend the Final Event to be eligible for the Promotion prize and check in with Station staff by 12:00pm PT. Any Finalist unable to attend the Final Event for any reason will be disqualified. If none or only some of the finalists show, we will pull the closest runner up (this will be determined by online votes) from the bracket. This will include non-finalists. No substitutes will be permitted. The judging will depend on crowd response.
In the event of a tie in ANY round, the Station will make the final decision on who will win the tie based on who they think has the best tattoo based on the judging criteria listed above.
- Only one (1) vote per computer, per each pair of contestants in the bracket, for each designated round of the Promotion.
- Odds of winning based upon the number of votes received.
- WINNER NEED NOT LISTEN TO THE STATION TO WIN BUT MUST BE PRESENT AT THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT TO WIN.
- On or about after 12:00pm PT on April 2, 2011, the winner will be announced at the Final Event. Winner must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form within three (3) business days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by randomly selecting from remainder of entrants.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right to select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winners.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by April 2, 2011 to “JACK’S Tattoo Madness – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, KCBS-FM, 5901 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90034. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 2, 2011 to the above address marked “JACK’S Tattoo Madness – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at http://www.931jackfm.com.
Sponsor: 93.1 JACK FM (KCBS-FM) 5901 Venice Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90034