Morrissey Brings Back The Black
If you hate the triple-digit California weather and would rather sit in black, smoking a clove, drinking a cider, [lastfm]Morrissey [/lastfm] is here to help you be the moodiest mother-moper this side of the Mississippi. To “celebrate” its anniversary, EMI is bringing us a [lastfm]Morrissey[/lastfm] re-issue of Bona Drag off the resurrected 1960s Major Minor label i.e. the least celebratory music ever.
The remastered, reissued Bona Drag by the British “Man in Black” includes six previously unreleased songs and a plethora of unreleased pictures of Moz being gothtastic. If you can manage to move your sullen, languid fingertips, come with us after the break for more.
[lastfm]Morrissey[/lastfm] got to oversee the reissue so all the artwork was chosen by him, including the cover art taken from the “November” video. Most importantly of all, he is going to change his shirt on the cover back to its natural color, which is-shockingly-black.
Bona Drag 20th anniversary re-issue track listing:
1. “Piccadilly Palare”
2. “Interesting Drug”
3. “November Spawned A Monster”
4. “Will Never Marry”
5. “Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference”
6. “The Last Of The Famous International Playboys”
7. “Ouija Board, Ouija Board”
8. “Hairdresser On Fire”
9. “Everyday Is Like Sunday”
10. “He Knows I’d Love To See Him”
11. “Yes, I Am Blind”
12. “Lucky Lisp”
15. “Happy Lovers At Last United” (Previously unreleased)
16. “Lifeguard On Duty” (Previously unreleased)
17. “Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness” (Previously unreleased)
18. “Oh Phoney” (Previously unreleased)
19. “The Bed Took Fire” (Previously unreleased)
20. “Let The Right One Slip In” (Alternate long mix, previously unreleased)
Throw on your black wool trench coat, blast your A/C, and watch this video of “Suedehead.”
- What other [lastfm]Morrissey[/lastfm] albums do you think should be re-issued? Are you a crazed Moz fan?