Great Balls of Fire! Jerry Lee Lewis is Back!
After a long hiatus from the old time, backwoods country featured in songs like “Another Place Another Time”, 74-year-old [lastfm]Jerry Lee Lewis [/lastfm]is back in the saddles and poised to release another album.
Lewis has yet again gotten some big names collaborating on his new album, due to release in September. Read on to find out who will be joining Lewis on Mean Old Man.
Rolling Stone reports that Lewis’ first country album since the 1970′s is set to feature a pretty hefty number of musical icons, from Keith Richards to John Mayer, and a little penmanship from famed songwriter Kris Kristofferson.
The “Great Balls of Fire” singer first hit it big in the 1950′s, but was left by the wayside by the industry once the press discovered that Lewis had married his 13-year-old second cousin in 1958.
But after receiving a second chance from his fans, the musical legend made waves in the country music world. Lewis is very greatful for the support he received and aknowledged their loyalty, saying, My fans never stopped lovin’ me…They always came to my shows.
And now Lewis has a chance to send more thanks to his fans with Mean Old Man. Here are a few of the songs that will be on the upcoming album, to be released on a 10-track disc and a special 18-track delux version:
- “Sweet Virginia” – with [lastfm]Keith Richards[/lastfm]
- “Dead Flowers” – with [lastfm]Mick Jagger[/lastfm]
- “Mean Old Man” – written by [lastfm]Kris Kristofferson[/lastfm]
- “You Can Have Her” – with [lastfm]Eric Clapton[/lastfm] and [lastfm]James Burton[/lastfm]
- “Roll Over Beethoven” – with [lastfm]Ringo Starr [/lastfm]and [lastfm]John Mayer[/lastfm]
- “Swinging Door” – with [lastfm]Merle Haggard[/lastfm]
- “Whiskey River” – with [lastfm]Willie Nelson[/lastfm]
- “Rockin’ My Life Away” – with [lastfm]Kid Rock [/lastfm]and [lastfm]Slash[/lastfm]
Whilst we anxiously await for the album’s September 7th release, check out some of Jerry Lee Lewis’ greatest hits on Jerry Lee Lewis Radio.
[Source: Rolling Stone]