Ask Tami: What’s That Song? “Something about moving the family”

fastballtheway Ask Tami: What’s That Song? “Something about moving the family”

Hi Tami!

I’m looking for a song title and artist…the song in question was played September 20, 2010 at 10:43 a.m. (according to my clock) right after the song “Low Rider.”  A male singer, something about moving the family and not knowing where they would go….?  something like that.

Hope you can help!

~Lori  :)

A song about a man not knowing what to do? Perfect, that narrows it down to about 12 million different tunes…

fastball Ask Tami: What’s That Song? “Something about moving the family”

Hi Lori-

That was FASTBALL “The Way”. Those kids are still lost, not ever knowing the way. Sad really.
Okay, enough.

Thanks for listening-
Tami@931jackfm.com

Comments

1. Adela says:

On September 23, 2010 around 9:30pm a sound was playing that went something like “The guards are at your feet, the stars are on your head,” it has a great guitar solo, and I wanted to know the name of the song and artist.

Thank you. :]
    -Adela

1. Tami Heide says:

Hi Adela-
      That was The CULT “Edie”. Did you see the Cult at Jack’s 5th Show? They were great.
      Cheers-
      Tami@931jackfm.com

2. Karen O says:

On Sept 24, 2010 around 1:00 pm a song came on with a male singer, kind of a slower song. Saying something about “breathing out while I breathe you in.” Dire Straight – Money for Nothin came on right afterwards.

1. Tami Heide says:

Hi Karen-
      That was FOO FIGHTERS “Everlong”, the acoustic version.
      Thanks-
      Tami@931jackfm.com

3. Dana says:

9.28.10 @ 8:30p. Sounded like a big production techno band from the ’80s. Thanks.

4. Geoff says:

I can’t remember how the song went or what song it followed, however, The Boys Are Back In Town by Thin Lizzy may have followed it – it was played around 2:35am on September 25

5. Jonathan says:

On October 4 2010, around 6:45pm-7pm something about “take me out tonight” but it’s not that song you’re thinking by Eddie Money.

-Jonathan

1. kalavinka says:

could it have been the smiths “there is a light that never goes out”?

6. Scott says:

I haven’t heard this song for a couple of months but if you can pull it out of ……… I’ll be grateful!!!!! Female singer kind of a chanting chorus yea or yes & mainly acoustic. Every time I ask someone about this song I get the What if God song as an answer – It’s not that song. Help me!!!!

7. Jules says:

On October 8, around 11:30 am. It’s a long song, sounded like an oldie. The song began with laughter, it has piano playing, male singer.

8. Nicole says:

Hi Tami,
    Hope you can help me find this song…

Will you follow me into history if I dance with you will you dance with me? Doo doo do de doo doo

The lyrics probably aren’t correct. Please help it is in my head.

Thanks
    Nicole

1. kalavinka says:

Nicole, that sounds like Adam Ant “Strip”… instead of dance he sings of stripping… “we’re just following ancient history, if I strip for you would you strip for me”

9. Doug says:

What song was playing today at 530pm??

10. Diana says:

Hi Tami,
    On October 10 at about 12 pm, i heard this reeally good song, but i don’t know who sang it or what the name of the song was. I do remember that ZZ Top played not long after the song though. Thank you!
    Wish you the best,
    -Diana.

11. Diana says:

Hi Tami,
    On October 10 at about 12 PM, i heard this song. I don’t remember anything about it except that it was really good. I Do remember though that ZZ Top played not long after. I would reeally appreciate the help. Thank you!
    Wish you the best,
    -Diana.

12. Leslie Bettino says:

Hey tami!

i emailed a few days ago and the songs you responded with didn’t fit with what i was looking for. It was Monday, October 11, around 1:25pm. I remember a lot of piano/keyboard in the song. It is a male… and then a woman comes in with a lot of soul towards the end of the song. I think a line says, “oh, I love you still…” then background singers say, “what you gonna do when… (don’t know the words)” Is any of this sounding familiar???

THANK YOU!

13. Kim says:

Hi Tami,
    Last night (thurs) at 7pm-ish JackSeattle played a fun eighties song. Duet between a man and a woman. Man’s line “I’m a man” woman’s lines “I’m a slut, I’m a hooker, I’m a little girl” (not necessarily in that order). Who was the artist. One hit wonder?
    thanks

1. kalavinka says:

sounds like berlin “sex (i’m a)”

14. Justin says:

Hi, I heard a song played October, 20 around 5:00 p.m. central.
    It was a lady singing that sounded like Paula Abdul, I’m not sure if the lyrics are correct but it sounded like she was singing ” no muscle man, is what i want, its sweetness that i’m looking for, we like to groove to the hip hop beat… that’s all i can remember thanks!!