The Jack FM MAN CAVE SpotDash™ Adventure Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT LIVING IN LOS ANGELES, ORANGE, RIVERSIDE, SAN BERNARDINO, AND VENTURA COUNTIES IN CALIFORNIA ON DATE OF ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- How to Enter the Contest:
- The Jack FM Mega Man Cave SpotDash™ Adventure Sweepstakes (“Contest”) will begin at 12:00AM ET on May 14, 2012 and end at 11:59PM ET on June 10, 2012 (“Entry Period”). The Contest is sponsored by CBS Local Digital Media (“CBS Local” and “Administrator”) and Mitsubishi (collectively, “Sponsors”).
- There are two (2) methods of entry – via the SpotDash™ mobile application and via online entry. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted regardless of the method of entry.
SpotDash™ Mobile App Entry: To enter the Contest using the mobile application, visit the App Store and download the SpotDash™ Mobile App to your mobile digital device. Once you have downloaded the SpotDash™ Mobile App, register (sign in) during the Entry Period either on the SpotDash™ login page or through Facebook Connect by providing your name, a valid email address and telephone number (including area code) and select “Los Angeles.” Existing registrants need only sign in during the Entry Period.
Online Entry: To enter online, users must visit http://www.931jackfm.com and following the online instructions complete an entry form. No purchase is necessary.
- The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by CBS Local. CBS Local’s computer system is the official time keeping device for this Contest. Entry deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning an email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address, and only one email address may be used per entrant. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Entrants are providing entry information to CBS Local and not to Facebook.
c. Sponsors are not responsible for technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable internet connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access any Web site or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the judges determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the judges reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at http://www.931jackfm.com.  If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest.
- Eligibility Restrictions:
- The Contest is open to legal U.S. residents living in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura Counties, California, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America, Inc., CBS Corporation, CBS Radio, CBS Local Digital Media, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities (collectively, “Contest Entities”), their advertising, programming and development, and promotional agencies, prize suppliers, and participating sponsors, other television and radio stations in any market, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Entrants are eligible to win only one prize during the Entry Period.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and CBS Local will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. CBS Local will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- One (1) Grand Prize: a Mitsubishi 73″ 3D Home Cinema HDTV. Grand Prize ARV: $2,199.
- Winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of their prize. The prize is awarded as is. Entrants acknowledge that the Contest Entities have not made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties expressed or implied, in fact or in law, whether now or hereafter enacted concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize or as may be separately provided to participants by law.
- No more than the total number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed or shipped to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Contest Entities are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- Prize is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except by CBS Local (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. CBS Local is not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, meals, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- Selection of Winners:
- Decisions of CBS Local with respect to the Contest are final.
- One (1) potential prize winner will be selected by CBS Local on or around June 11, 2012 in a random drawing of all valid entries received during the Entry Period. A maximum of one (1) prize will be awarded nationally. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of valid entries received during Entry Period.
- Potential prize winner will be notified by email and/or by phone. If a potential prize winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during two (2) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate prize winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility. Winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within seven (7) days of winning or the prize will be forfeited, and, if applicable, an alternate winner may be selected as described above. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by CBS Local in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported by CBS Local to the IRS.
- Participation in the Contest and/or acceptance of prize constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s permission for the Contest Entities or their agents to interview the winner(s), to photograph, film, and record each winner, and to use in commerce and in any media his/her name, address (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, audio or video recording, and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Contest Entities, the Contest, and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity, or promotion without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Each winner agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Contest and/or acceptance of prize constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless Facebook, the Contest’s sponsor(s), CBS Local, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their advertising, programming and development, and promotional agencies, prize suppliers, and participating sponsors, other television and radio stations in any market and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Contest, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity, including but not limited to any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- CBS Local reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Contest, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Released Parties, any entry, competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, CBS Local shall have the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Contest or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure, or omission; (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, or late entries; (iv) errors, malfunctions, or data loss of any kind, entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems, failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access or use the SpotDash™ Mobile App, or for telephone or network service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection, equipment malfunctions, and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or submitting a text message; or (v) any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Contest prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism, or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Failure to comply with the Contest rules may result in an entrant’s disqualification. If CBS Local determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, CBS Local reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at the CBS Local websites. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Released Parties which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, CBS Local reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. CBS Local reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest.
- The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these official rules and/or this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these official rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into by any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- This Contest is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth above and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
- To obtain a copy of the Official Rules and/or winner’s list (specify which) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) to Jack FM Man Cave SpotDash™ Adventure Rules/Winners, c/o CBS Local Digital Media, 5670 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 200 Los Angeles, CA 90036 for receipt by July 19, 2012.
Sponsors: CBS Local Digital Media, 5670 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 200 Los Angeles, CA 90036 and Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America, Inc., 9351 Jeronimo Rd., Irvine, CA 92618.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.