Coldplay, From Pectoralz To World Domination (page 11)
September 7, 2011 5:09 PM
- “Violet Hill” is released as the first single from Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends in April of 2008.
- Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends is released in June of 2008. The BBC calls it “one of the fastest-selling records in UK history.”
- In October 2008, Coldplay won two Q Awards for Best Album for Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends and Best Act in the World Today.
- In November 2008, Coldplay’s Prospekt’s March EP is released.
- In December 2008, Joe Satriani filed a copyright infringement suit against Coldplay in the United States District Court for the Central District of California which asserted that the Coldplay song “Viva la Vida” includes “substantial original portions” of the Satriani song “If I Could Fly” from his 2004 album, Is There Love in Space?.