Dr.Cranfill’s Top 12 Movies Coming in 2012 (page 2)
6) the Avengers- (starring Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, did I mention Scarlett Johansson?)
Here’s your mega-huge budget, super-hero orgy, studio tent pole movie. Ironman, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow join forces as the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agency and some stuff happens. Some things blow up. People get punched in the face. Scarlett Johansson is wearing full body spandex. Here. Take my $15 now. (May 4th)
5) Prometheus- (starring Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Idris Alba (STRINGER BELL!!!)
If there ever was a movie to break out grandma’s “special brownie recipe” for, it would be Ridley Scott’s Prometheus. Really what else do I need to say other than Ridley Scott? Alien? Blade Runner? Gladiator? Hannibal? American Gangster? Thelma and Louise? There’s no reason not to think this won’t be flat out epic. I just wonder if Fassbender will go out speaking the Queens?
4) Skyfall 007- (starring Daniel Craig, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes)
Boom. Boom. Boom. Look at that starring trio. Badasses. A little eye candy for the ladies and West Hollywood too. Something tells me that the 23rd Bond movie, just might be one of the best ones yet. Sorry, no trailer released to date. (November 9th)
3) the Hunger Games- (starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Woody Harrelson, Donald Sutherland)
It may come as a shock to most of you but I read. A lot. And I’ve read the Hunger Games trilogy and I gotta tell you, I have epically high hopes for this movie and series. Besides……Hollywood? You owe us BIG TIME for the tragic abortion that was the Golden Compass. (March 23rd)
2) Django Unchained- (starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon Leavitt, Samuel L. Jackson)
Django Unchained is Quentin Tarantino’s next movie, due out Christmas of 2012. Look at the cast, read the log line IMDB has up for Django…
“With the help of his mentor, a slave-turned-bounty hunter sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal Mississippi plantation owner.”
Oh. Hells. Yes. (December 25th)
really, what else could it possible be?
1) Batman: Dark Knight Rises (starring Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway)