So you wanna get your foot in the door in the music world, then we suggest you hit up Interscope or Warner Bros. Records. Now, if you’re looking for an internship at a rinky dink radio station that plays music your parents can’t stand, then we may have a job for you.
Do you like music? Got a hand for blogging? Are you social-media savvy? Do you keep up with the current events? Jack FM Digital is seeking ambitious interns to help develop and manage content for our brand. Apply today.
You’ll get to blog about your favorite bands, assist with in-studio and off-site performances, get lunch from our neighborhood Del Taco and more. (Just don’t bring back tacos without the Del Scorcho. It’s grounds for firing. We fired that Carlos guy – wait, that guy still works here?!?)
- Junior or Senior status at an accredited college
- Must receive academic college credit NO EXCEPTIONS
- This one goes up to 11
- 3.0 GPA in your major courses
- Provide a letter from your college/university stating the class and number of credit units to be earned. Credit must be awarded upon successful completion of your Internship.
- Must adhere to CBS and Union policies and restrictions.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Do ten jumping jacks without the aid of a sweatband
- Working knowledge of Jack FM bands and relevant celebrities
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday
- Able to work in a high-stress environment
- Prefer basic familiarity with Photoshop for image cropping and resizing; WordPress and/or social media experience; knowledge of AP style and basic copy editing. Knowledge of photography and videography a plus.
- Must commit 10-15 hours per week.
- Must like turtles. Or not. That’s cool too.
A CBS Radio internship provides once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to learn, observe and experience the inner workings of a major market radio station by providing exposure to promotions, marketing, programming and sales. We’re looking for enthusiastic, outgoing and hard-working students who have a passion for music and Southern California to intern in our Digital Department.
*After you click the link, go to the “Search Openings” link. From there, select “Los Angeles” as the Market and “Intern/Co-op” as the Job Status. Then, select DIGITAL INTERN and submit your resume there.
IF YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. WE HAVE PLENTY OF IDIOTS WORKING HERE ALREADY.