Strange Brew – Top 10 Strangest Cocktails
Flavored vodka is all the rage at the moment. Bacon flavored,whipped cream flavored, pomegranate flavored… the list goes on. These all seem tame compared to the newest flavor that is making waves among alcoholics around the world: Peanut Butter and Jelly.
Van Gogh Vodka, the producer of this new libation, describes the vodka: “The fragrance of our PB&J Vodka is predominantly of peanuts, and is complemented by the fresh fruit aroma of the raspberry.” Since we’re on a low-carb diet, this is perfect. All the taste of a classic PB&J without the bread!
This got us thinking about all of the other strange beverages we’ve encountered. Here are our picks for Top 10 Strangest Cocktails:
10. 3 A.M. In A Tijuana Brothel – Butterscotch Schnapps, Irish Cream, Tequila. We have no clue where this drink got its name, but it’s awesome. Why is it that the most disgusting drinks have the best names?
9. Duck Fart - Rye, Irish cream and coffee liqueur. If you’ve ever seen World’s Deadliest Catch, maybe the name rings a bell. The Dutch Harbor Duck Fart is featured at the beginning of each season. It’s supposedly a warming drink that Alaskans will drink after ice-fishing and doing other Alaska-y things.
8. Cement Mixer- Lime juice + irish cream = curdled drink stuck to your teeth. Ew.
7. Get Loose Juice - Mountain Dew, Everclear, Cherry Koolaid Packet. This drink looks curiously close to the frat house food group that is Jungle Juice. We might have to conduct an experiment in our office that tests the effects of both.
6. Gorilla Snot – Lime cordial, Southern comfort, Lemonade and Bailey’s Irish Cream. Gaaaag.
5. Prairie Chicken - Gin, Egg, Salt, Black Pepper. HUH? Egg? Sounds like a case of salmonella waiting to happen.
4. Poop in the Pool – Blue Curacao, 1 Small Tootsie Roll. You get the picture.
3. Liquid Steak- One part scotch, and then half-Worcestershire, half-A1 steak sauce. For manly men only.
2. Alien Brain Hemmorage – Layer peach schnapps, Irish cream, blue curacao. After it settles, add a splash of grenadine syrup. The result is much like a lava lamp. The Irish cream coagulates and clumps in the middle. Mmm. Braaaains.
1. Jersey Turnpike - One bar mat, One bar rag, One glass. One taste that your mouth will hate you for.
There you have it. 10 drinks we will most likely never drink. What are some offbeat cocktails that you’ve encountered?