JACKTivities For October 12: Patti Smith, Oktoberfest, & Some Skid Row Action
October 12, 2012 11:15 AM
- The Space Shuttle Endeavor viewing party is bout to begin at the Forum today as it makes its 12 mile journey to its final resting place at the California Science Center. Watch out for that, shuttle doesn’t have a blinker.
- LA Fashion Week begins today and rolls on thru NEXT Sunday at various locales in Los Angeles.
- In concert news that’s fit to print, Patti Smith is at the Wiltern Theater this very evening.
- For what feels like the billionth time, I remind you that the Book of Mormon, from the creators of South Park, has a residency at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood until Nov. 25ht.
- Also, its October which means its Oktoberfest somewhere. Like at the Old World Village in Huntington Beach this weekend. Festivities on for Saturday and Sunday. Stay in Huntington Beach though, no invading Poland.
- In concerts and concert like objects, I remind you that guitar legend Steve Vai is at the Nokia Theater in Downtown LA tonight.
- After blessing Fresno and Ontario with their presence, the Lakers suit up for another preseason game tomorrow, but this time, at the Staples Center vs the Utah Yazz. Clippers still apparently in China losing to the Miami Heat.
- Opening day of the St Bernardine of Siena Fall Festival is on for this evening in Woodland Hills. Starts at 5pm, goes to 11p, continues on Saturday and Sunday.
- And yes, Smashing Pumpkins are playing the Gibson Amp at Universal City Walk this coming Sunday.
- Tomorrow, movie star and WWE legend the ROCK has an open casting call in Hollywood for his new TNT show, the Hero. 10-4p at Crunch Gym on Sunset in Hollywood, good luck.
- Tomorrow be the Shoreline Village Pirate Festival in Long Beach from 1-7pm. Take some fruit with ya, don’t wanna go catching scurvy now do ya?
- Next Wednesday is when Neil Young and that Crazy Horse of his will ride into the Hollywood Bowl for a concert.
- The Rose Bowl hosts some hot collegiate feetball action tomorrow as the UCLA Bruins semi-welcome the Utah Utes to town. We’ve got a high noon kick off there.
- Cirque Du Soleil’s, DRALION, comes to the Citizens Mind Your Own Business Bank Arena in Ontario October 24th-28th before moving on to the Long Beach Arena in early Nov. Tickets already on sale.
- And lastly, Skid Row and Warrant are playing that same Mind Your Own Business Bank Arena in Ontario coming up next Thursday.