JACKtivities for October 22: Comedians, Alice Cooper, & A “Thing Called Love”
October 22, 2012 2:30 PM
- The Clippers and Lakers play a meaningless preseason game on Wednesday at the Staples Center. 7:30p tip time there–that is of course if you’re not busy with these invigorating presidential debates.
- This Thursday the Aero Theater in Santa Monica has a badass double movie feature, Top Gun AND Days of Mother F**king Thunder. On the big screen. 7:30p start time.
- And in concert and concert like objects, I see that Alice Cooper has a show on for November 29th at the Orpheum Theater in LA.
- Princess Leia lives, well, Carrie Fisher does and shes got some shows coming up this week at the Brea Improv. Thursday thru Sunday, she does stand up comedy now.
- This coming Sunday is that LA Rock n Roll Marathon running thru the streets of Los Angeles starting around the LA Live Plaza in Downtown.
- And lastly, this coming Friday night is Boob Dylan at the Hollywood Bowl.
- Russell Brand at the Largo Coronet on La Cienega tonight is sold out, I know, try not to be too depressed about it, but supposedly there are tickets still available for Aziz Ansari next Tuesday, the 30th.
- The Nokia theater in Downtown LA has the So You Think You Can Dance tour coming thru this Thursday, 7:30p start time for all that popping and locking.
- In concert news, John Tesh has a show at Smothers Theater in Malibu…wait a minute. Why the hell is John Tesh in JACKti….CRANFIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!!!!!!!
- Remember FACES OF DEATH? Yeah, well, the Cinefamily Theater on Fairfax in LA has a Faces of Death midnite screening on for this Friday.
- The Darkness, you know that band that had that “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” song that JACK FM should be playing, they have a show Wednesday night at Club Nokia.
- In related news, the 15th Annual Trick or Treat and Hearse Show is on for this Sunday, from 10-4pm at the OC Market Place.
- This Saturday, a gentle reminder, Jane’s Addiction will be playing the Wiltern Theater in LA.