JACKtivities for October 31st: JACKtober Is Almost Over. Take It Out In Style.
October 31, 2012 1:22 PM
- According to statistics that sound totally made up, a half a million people will descend on West Hollywood tonight for their totally straight Halloween Costume Carnival on Santa Monica Blvd. Road closures start at 4p, good luck WeHoians.
- You could just stay at home tonight and watch It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, THE Halloween classic, on ABC at 8pm.
- Or you could just get in your hyperbaric chamber until Friday night as you await the Alanis Morissette concert at Club Nokia in downtown LA.
- Happy Halloween!! Tonight’s the last night of the LA Haunted Hayrides at Griffith Park in LA. BYOC, Bring your own Claritin. 7pm to midnite.
- Also on for tonight is the LA Clippers home opener at Staples Center as they take on the Memphis Grizzlies at 7:30p.
- In seemingly unrelated news, Thursday, November 8th, Naughty By Nature is playing the House of Blues in Anaheim.
- Hopefully the Clippers will fare better tonight in their home opener at Staples than the Lakers did last night. Seriously Lakers? You lost to Dallas without Dirk? SIGH. Clippers v Memphis, 7:30p.
- Alice Cooper should be playing tonight somewhere but he isn’t, catch him November 29th at the Orpheum Theater in LA.
- Cheap eats can be had tonight at area Chipotles. Just show up IN COSTUME, and get $2 burritos, bowls, salads, OR tacos with proceeds going to the Chipotle Foundation for better food or some ish.
- Starting at 10:15p tonight at the Cinefamily Theater on Fairfax in LA is that 100 Most Outrageous Movie Kills of All Time compilation screening. Death is funny, unless it happens to you.
- Lastly, since the November 10th Mumford and Sons show at the Hollywood Bowl sold so well, they’ve added a November 12th date.
- We get our first battle for LA this Friday as the Clippers and Lakers GET, IT, ON at the Staples Center in some regular season NBA action. 7:30p just the tip time there.
- If yer not down with this whole gringo Halloween thing, tomorrow is Dia De Los Muertos and you can celebrate that in Downtown San Pedro as they have their Dia De Los Muertos Festival on from 3-11p.
- Morrissey has postponed his tour so that Nov. 24th date at Staples is on hold, hold on to yer tickets till they get it all sorted as Morrissey is taking time off to be with his ailing ma.