JACKtivities for November 1: Comic Book Geeks, Ice Skating, & Alanis Morissette? Sounds Dangerous.
November 1, 2012 4:15 PM
- The Lakers and Clippers engage in some LA on LA basketball action tomorrow night at the Staples Center. 7:30p just the tip time.
- If you’re still allowed into the LACMA, you should prolly go check out the Stanley Kubrick exhibit just opening today. Director of such movies as Clockwork Orange, 2001 Space Odyssey, and Air Bud 2. This exhibit is open thru June of next year.
- Monday, November 5th, Leonard Cohen is playing the Nokia Theater in Downtown LA.
- Even though USC shat the proverbial bed last Saturday in Arizona, this Saturdays game against the #4 BCS ranked Oregon Ducks at the LA Coliseum is still a huge, huge game. 4pm kickoff there.
- Today though, is the Downtown San Pedro Dia De Los Muertos Celebration on from 3:30p until 11pm and enough with the JACK FM altars. We’re not even dead yet people.
- December 3rd. Aerosmith. Staples Center. You can win tickets to that right meow should you go to 931jackfm.com and enter to win.
- The LA Galaxy have some sort of super huge, big deal loser go home playoff match on for tonight at the Home Depot Center as they take on a buncha Canadian socialists Vancouver White Caps at 7:30p.
- Molly Ringwald, yes, Breakfast Club girl, has a book signing TONIGHT at 7pm at the Barnes Y Noble at the Grove in LA.
- December 4th that Bruce Springsteen guy is playing the Staples Center.
- For now we’ll allow San Diego to keep THE Comic Con, but Long Beach has a Comic Con of their own this Saturday and Sunday at the LBC Convention Center.
- Opening up tomorrow is that DOWNTOWN ICE ice skating rink in Santa Monica. That stays open thru January 21st so don they blades of glory.
- In concert news, we are just over a week away from Barbara Streisand at the Hollywood Bowl. Get excited Randy. That’s happening NEXT Friday the 9th.
- So far so awful for the Lakers this year. And tomorrow? They get the now very respectable Clippers at Staples Center. That’s a 7:30p just the tip time. Most of you wont be seeing this game on the TV since everybody is a greedy bastard these days.
- New movies in theaters tomorrow include the animated Wreck it Ralph, the kung fu masterpiece Man With the Iron Fists, and Denzel Washington in, FLIGHT.
- And yea, Alanis Morrissette is playing Club Nokia in Downtown LA tomorrow night. Wanna fight about it?