The Golden Globes are this weekend and while this award ceremony doesn’t get the same sort of iconic prestige as it’s older cousin/arch-nemi, the Academy Awards, it’s one of the better ones in terms of relaxed atmosphere, read: drinking. Comedienne co-hostesses, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, sat down for an interview with Hollywood Reporter, and sort of dished their own drinking game for the event.
“When you get a bunch of people in a room who don’t eat much, and you give them one drink, it gets good fast,” said Tina Fey, going on to say that “nobody has to be afraid” of her and Amy Poehler as hosts–as contrasted with the incredibly sardonic and sometimes mean Ricky Gervais.
“The live audience tends to tell you. Tina made a very good point the other day. It’s a tough crowd because it’s a lot of nervous people waiting to see if they win or lose, and as the night goes on, the losers outnumber the winners,” said Poheler later. “But having been in a lot of those awards shows, the Golden Globes are more fun because you can drink. It’s just that easy.
1. Drink any time an actress cries in a speech.
2. Drink any time you see a person actively not listening to someone onstage.
3. Drink any time someone says, “I didn’t prepare anything!”
4. Eat a meatball sub any time someone thanks Harvey Weinstein.
5. Take off an article of clothing any time they show Judi Dench.
6. Take off an article of clothing any time Maggie Smith wins.
–Nadia Noir, CBS Radio Los Angeles