Official Rules: Wings, Rings, & $1000
93.1 JACK FM/KCBS-FM
Wings and Rings 2013
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Wings and Rings promotion (the “Promotion”) being conducted by KCBS-FM (the “Station”) beginning on February 4, 2013 at 12:01am Pacific Time (“PT”) and ending on February 15, 2013 at 11:59pm PT.
- To enter on-air, listen to the Station on-air each weekday beginning February 4, 2013 and ending on February 15, 2013 between the hours of 12:01am PT and 11:59pm PT for the announcement of the cue to call Upon hearing the cue to call, the thirteenth (13th) caller (as announced by the on-air personality prior to the cue to call) to get through to the Station contest line at 1-866-931-JACK will win a prize, upon confirmation of eligibility. At the time of their call, callers will be required to provide all information requested including their full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller that successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes their call will be a winner. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be a winner only once.
- There will be up to a total of ten (10) winners selected on-air during the Promotion.
- Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the Station on-air. The Station is not responsible for online streaming delays.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in the following Southern California Counties Los Angeles, Orange County, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego and Ventura and have a VALID drivers License. Employees of the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Los Angeles metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Listeners are eligible to win a prize valued at $50 or more or event tickets valued at $100 or more from KCBS-FM only once every thirty (30) days, and listeners are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every sixty (60) days if the prize is valued over $600 and only once per year if prize is valued over $1,000. Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station promotion
- The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize. If the winner is a minor, a parent or legal guardian must claim the prize on his or her behalf.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- Ten (10) prizes will be awarded in this Promotion. Each prize consists of the following: (i) $1,000 to be awarded in the form of a check; (ii) a $200 gift card from a TBD chicken wing restaurant [TBD]; and (iii) a diamond ring from Kevin Jewelers valued at $1,000. The Approximate Retail Value of each prize is $2,000.00. The winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the Prize. The prize is awarded as is. The gift cards will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the gift cards. Gift cards are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time. Lost or stolen gift cards will not be replaced.
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates may be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Prize checks will be issued by CBS Radio and will be mailed to the winner. No checks will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize at the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Checks will then be mailed within approximately ninety (90) days or 4 – 6 weeks from the time our corporate office receives them. Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of prize check. Winner assumes all risk of loss. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed or shipped to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- The prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Entrants acknowledge that the Station has not made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties expressed or implied, in fact or in law, whether now or hereafter enacted concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose, except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize or as may be separately provided to participants by law. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- Ten (10) winners will be selected on-air as described in Section 1 of these Official Rules.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number and order of phone calls received.
- The winners must listen to the Station to win, but do not need to be present to win.
- The winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within thirty (30) days of winning or prize will be forfeited If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right to select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date or otherwise modify the procedure for selecting winners.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by February 15, 2013 to “Wings and Rings 2013 – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, KCBS-FM 5901 Venice Blvd Los Angeles Ca 90034 for the name of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by February 18, 2013 to the above address marked “Wings and Rings 2013– Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at 931jackfm.com.
Sponsor: KCBS-FM 5901 Venice Blvd. Los Angeles C