The “Dwightmare” May Be Over, But Where Does Howard Rank In The All Time Dwight Hall Of Fame?
Dwight Howard. No name in sports has garnered as much hatred over the past few years since LeBron James ripped out the collective heart of Cleveland with “The Decision” and subsequent relocation of his talents to South Beach. “Dwightmare,” as the trade fiasco of Howard’s indecision to leave Orlando came to be known by, reduced his image to that of an immature, spoiled millionaire athlete who also ripped out the collective heart of a city.
Once a fun loving giant goofball, Howard found himself despised nearly everywhere he went. Except, of course, Los Angeles. We loved him as soon as he arrived (unless you’re a Clippers fan, but that’s another story).
But then the season started. The hurt back. The hurt shoulder. The “feud” with Kobe. The lack of commitment. The awful reality that Lakers might not make the playoffs despite having four future Hall of Famers on the court. Fair or not, D12′s reputation was still very much in jeopardy.
But then Howard’s conditioning started to come back. He did some heavy reflecting during the All-Star break. He began to resemble the player the Lakers traded for. And before you know it, due in no small part to a refocused and healthy Howard, the Lakers have a winning record and are back in the playoff picture.
As a result, Dwight is getting much love these days. But where does he rank in the All Time Dwight Hall of Fame? JACK FM once again with the hard hitting questions. In order:
1. Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson): Sorry D12, but the know-it-all, socially inept, slightly insane paper salesman from The Office gets the top nod here.
2. Diwght D. Eisenhower: 34th U.S. president. War hero. All around good guy. Not as funny as Schrute though
3. Dwight Schultz: Starred in The A-Team and Star Trek: The Next Generation. ‘Nuff said.
4. Dwight Howard: If he wins a championship, his stock could go up. Waaaaay up.
5. Dwight Bite: Because who didn’t love the Garbage Pail Kids?
- Carlos Delgado, CBS Radio