Meanwhile In Southern Calfornia: Bears Break Into Monrovia Home, Eat Chinese Food
Hey Boo Boo. Pass the soy sauce.
Two brown bears barged their way into a Monrovia home yesterday after they sniffed out some homemade Chinese food. None of that prepackaged, MSG-laden nonsense.
After he heard his dog “barking louder than ever,” Monrovia resident Justin Lee ran downstairs to find the doggie door broken and the sliding glass door open. Low and behold, it wasn’t Goldilocks.
Nope. It was two bears. He called 911 and the authorities eventually scarred the bears away with bean bags. We’ve been known to scare a potential suitor or two away with our beanie baby collection, so it’s understandable.
“I had a really awkward moment staring at the bear, super shocked, and then eventually the bear takes a few steps in…completely inside,” said Lee.
What were the bears after? Homemade Chinese food made by Lee’s mama.
Hey, all’s fair in love and food. Goldi did it. Maybe the bears just thought breaking and entering was a typical thing for humans.
–Nadia Noir, CBS Radio Los Angeles