Wanna top off your summer with some flaming margaritas? Well, get a designated driver or call Uber because you my friend might be one of the people added to the 568 people arrested for drunk driving last weekend.
The Los Angeles police department is cracking down on drunk driving in an end of summer push and that means way more DUI checkpoints than usual.
LAist has provided us with a list of where they will be starting Thursday and throughout the weekend–which doesn’t mean you can drink and drive past them! Just don’t drink and drive at all. It’s really so you, the sober driver, don’t get stuck in a long line of traffic.
Thursday, August 22
• Checkpoint in Hollywood Area at Sunset Boulevard and Bronson Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Friday, August 23
• Checkpoint in Hollywood Area at Highland Avenue and De Longpre Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• Checkpoint in Southwest Area at La Brea Avenue and Rodeo Road from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday, August 24
• Checkpoint in Southwest Area at Western Avenue and 39th Street from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
• Checkpoint in Topanga Area at Sherman Way and Variel Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Wednesday, August 28
• DUI Saturation Patrol in Hollywood Area from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Thursday, August 29
• Checkpoint in Southeast Area at Manchester Avenue and Hoover Street from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Friday, August 30
• Checkpoint in 77th Street Area at Florence Avenue and Main Street Avenue from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
• Checkpoint in West Valley Area at Roscoe Boulevard and Gloria Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday, August 31
• Checkpoint in Devonshire Area at Topanga Boulevard and Devonshire Street from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• Checkpoint in Northeast Area at Sunset Boulevard and Fountain Avenue from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• Checkpoint in Rampart Area at Olympic Boulevard and Lake Street from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
• DUI Saturation Patrol in 77th Street Area from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.