Farting Cows Blow Up A Barn. And You Thought Your’s Were Deadly…

By Carlos Delgado

On Monday, a barn blew up in Germany. The roof, the roof, the roof was on fire and damaged, and one cow was treated for burns, reports Reuters.com.

The reason for the explosion? Methane gas had built up inside the shed and was ignited by spark of static electricity. The resulting blast literally blew the roof off.

And where did all the methane gas come from? Cow farts. Yup. About 90 cows farting, actually. Imagine one of those guys on a long road trip with the windows up…

Fortunately there were no other injuries reported. And yes, JACK FM just went this entire report without one “holy cow.”

blog comments powered by Disqus
Best Of Los Angeles
Flashback Lunch

Listen Live