By Nadia Noir
What do you define as a guilty pleasure song? For us, it’s music that you absolutely love but would be mortified if someone caught you listening to it. It’s an horrible obscure tune that you can’t help but adore or a sugary-sweet pop song. Kevin and Bean at our brother station, KROQ, talked about guilty pleasure songs this morning after they uncovered a list curated from the playlists of 120,000 Spotify playlists.
We assume these lists were public guilty pleasure playlists. Imagine how many weird songs are lurking in the deep, dark corners of the private guilty pleasure playlsits.
A lot of these guilty pleasure songs were actually Billboard chart-topping hits. Some are too awesome to be deemed “guilty pleasures.” And then some will make you want to wash your eardrums with acid.
What songs on your “Guilty Pleasure” soundtracks?
14. “Toxic”-Britney Spears
13. “Wannabe”-Spice Girls
12. “I Want It That Way”-Backstreet Boys
11. “What Makes You Beautiful”-One Direction
10. “Call Me Maybe”-Carly Rae Jepsen
9. “U Can’t Touch This”-MC Hammer
8. “Never Gonna Give You Up”-Rick Astley
7. “Who Let The Dogs Out”-Baha Men
6. “You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)”-Dead or Alive
5. “Cotton Eye Joe”-Rednex
4. “Don’t Stop Believin'” –Journey
3. “My Sharona”-The Knack
2. “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”-Wham!
1. “Mambo No. 5”-Lou Bega