All in together now….DUHHHHHHHHHHHH. Of course if you have Jimmy Graham, Emmanuel Sanders or Frank Gore you should start them. But who, Cranfill, are the sleepers for Week 3? Can you actually help me? Well, here are 5 guys that aren’t automatic starts that could help you this week in my humble opinion that nobody asked for…
1) Niles Paul TE (Washington)- The Skins take on the Eagles in Week 3 and if they plan on keeping up with that juggernaut Philly O, Me and My Kirk Cousins are gonna have to sling the ball around. DeSean Jackson returning for WASH should get Niles some nice looks who’s been great filling in for Jordan Reed.
2) Victor Cruz WR (NY Giants)- Those of you that still own Victor Cruz are either sadists or are in a 20-team league because he and the Giants offense have been straight garbage so far in 2014. And they’re still straight garbage this week, but I think the pressure is gonna be there for the Giants to open up that offense a bit. NY will probably also be playing from behind so say it with me, “GARBAGE YARDAGE.”
3) Brian Quick WR (St.Louis)- If Quick is somehow still available in your league, grab him now. Yes the Rams offense is a real turd typhoon, but they’re playing the Cowboys this week. And if you haven’t been paying attention, the Cowboys D is about as pathetic as the NFL’s handling of this domestic violence tidal wave. Quick’s gone for 7 catches in both Week 1 and Week 2. Expect the same in week 3, with a touchdown thrown in for good measure.
4) Jonathan Stewart RB (Carolina)- As a Panthers fan I can’t believe I am actually writing this, but Stewart could be in for a nice game in Week 3 vs an underwhelming Pittsburgh defense. Stewart has been an injury magnet ever since he came into the league back in whatever year that was, but for some reason this feels like a nice gamble to me.
5) New Orleans TEAM DST– New Orleans probably couldn’t beat the South Central Louisiana State Mud Dogs WITHOUT Bobby Boucher if they had to play them on the road. But inside the Mercedes Super Dome the Saints are pretty tight. And did I mention they are playing the Minnesota Vikings sans Adrian Peterson but still with Matt Cassel this week? You could do worse than the Saints if you’re streaming your DST spot.
Good luck. Check back next Friday to see how wrong I was about Week 3 in FANTASY FOOTBALL.