Blake Bortles > Tom Brady. 4 EVA.
That being said, let’s review how I did with last week’s picks….
- Blake Bortles- 254 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs (14.5pts)
- Khiry Robinson- 105 total yards (11pts)
- Dwayne Allen- 3 catches, 38 yards, 1 TD (11pts)
- Allen Robinson- 5 catches, 38 yards (6pts)
Not too bad. Not exceptional, but Khiry and Allen totally made up for Blake and Robinson’s mediocrity.
*Disclaimer: I shouldn’t need to tell you to start guys like Andrew Luck, Jamal Charles, or Ricky Proehl. The players I mention here are bench, free agent types that could help you thru your bye weeks and injuries*
1) Marvin Jones WR (Cin)- Hopefully Vincent Vega isn’t around to shoot Marvin in the face as Jones is supposed to make his season debut in the Sunday night game vs New England. Now he’s not 100% to play, but if you watched the Chiefs mangle what’s left of the Patriot defense this past Monday night, Marvin is not a bad hail-mary start this week provided, of course, he plays. Bengals offense good, Patriots defense putrescent. Check @NFLInjuryNews Sunday morning to see if Marvin suits up. If he doesn’t, try Mohammed Sanu also of the Bengals.
2) Antone Smith RB (Atl)- Yes, octogenarian Steven Jackson is still the starting RB in Atlanta. Yes, Jackson is still slower than Internet Explorer. And yes, Antone Smith has been explosive when he is allowed to touch the ball. Sooner or later the Falcons coaching staff is going to see what anybody who cares to watch a Falcons game already sees: Antone Smith is a star waiting to go supernova. Get in now before it’s too late. He might not help you this week but it’s coming and right soon.
3) New Orleans Saints DST– If you need a one week flier on a DST, might I suggest the New Orleans Saints? Yeah their defense is terrible, but here’s the thing… they’re hosting Tampa Bay and there is no harder place to play football on the planet than as the road team at the Mercedes SuperDome. It’s loud. It’s obnoxious. And since it’s in New Orleans, there’s a legit chance that you won’t make it out alive. The Bucs QB Mike Glennon will struggle with crowd noise and is without WR Mike Evans. Saints are a sneaky DST to play this week.
4) Drew Stanton QB (Ari)- This is the hail mary of all hail mary calls, BUT I think Stanton could have a nice week in Denver. The Cardinals are going to be trying to keep up with Peyton and company which should mean a ton of passing attempts for Stanton. He’s got some weapons, too, with Fitzgerald, Ellington, and Floyd. If you are desperate at QB this week, Stanton might be a good gamble, and we all like to gamble, right Kenny?
5) Jared Cook TE (StL)- You must be truly desperate to come to Jared Cook for help. Thank you Loki. It’s true though. Jared Cook has burned fantasy owners more times than not, but if you’re as desperate as Thor was dealing with the Dark Elves, you could do worse than Cook’s 7 targets a game average.