The GRAMMYs paid tribute to the late Band drummer/singer Levon Helm with a moving all-star tribute. A supergroup, featuring musical director/guitarist and 12-time GRAMMY winner T-Bone Burnett, took to the stage to the instantly recognizable […]
The GRAMMYs just announced that The Band’s late drummer/singer Levon Helm will be the subject of a tribute performance at this weekend’s 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards. T-Bone Burnett will be the musical director for the […]
As we say farewell to 2012, we honor the legendary artists who we lost this year. Whitney Houston 1963 – 2012 One of the world’s best-selling music artists, Whitney Houston sold over 170 million albums, singles […]
The Band’s Levon Helm is getting his due credit with a documentary of his own, set to screen in theaters nationwide next year.
Tonight, an all-star lineup of music legends will take the stage at New Jersey’s Izod Center for the “Love For Levon” concert. The concert, paying tribute to the late drummer/singer Levon Helm from The Band will feature Roger Waters, Joe Walsh and Gregg Allman, among others. The event website also mentions that other “legendary surprise guests” will perform. But who might those guests be?
Waters, who just wrapped up a huge three year tour where he performed Pink Floyd’s The Wall every night, will be playing in relatively stripped down surroundings. Coincidentally, the one time when Waters performed with Helm was at Waters’ one-off performance of The Wall in Germany on July 21, 1990.
When much-beloved drummer/singer Levon Helm of The Band passed away on April 19, musicians from all genres and generations paid tribute at their concerts, in interviews and on Twitter. But on October 3rd at New Jersey’s Izod Center, a number of legends will pay tribute to him at a concert called “Love For Levon.”
It turns out Levon Helm, the singer and drummer of The Band, turned him on to blues harmonica players, which proved to be an important influence on Bobby Keys’ sax playing. Watch as Keys discusses Helm’s personal significance.
Teaching your kid to drive is tough enough. But some musician dads pass on their talents (and advice) to their kids, encouraging them to play an instrument, get on the mic, and make music a […]
The news of the passing of The Band’s singer/drummer/mandolin player Levon Helm continues to make waves through the music industry, with those who knew him, and those who played with him, weighing in.
- California Strawberry Festival JACK FM's FLASHBACK PROM 2013 Favorite Mothers From The 80s The Rolling Stones @ Staples...
- JACK Walks Now For Autism... Toyota Grand Prix Of Long... Ducks Stick-Up Dr. Cranfill Models New...
- JACK FM's Big Game Party Dolph Ziggler & Vickie... Monster Jam Stickup Rock & Brews
- JACK's Toy Drive Mini Drop... Chronic Tacos 2012 Victoria's Secret... [Photos] Jack FM's Big...
- Wanna go to @Knott's Berry Farm? Next chance to win is coming up at 9:25pm. cbsloc.al/10Pa78F 14 hours ago
- Wanna go to @Knott's Berry Farm? Next chance to win is coming up at 7:25pm. cbsloc.al/10Pa78F 16 hours ago
- Wanna go to @Knott's Berry Farm? Next chance to win is coming up at 5:25pm. cbsloc.al/10Pa78F 18 hours ago